Start the next chapter in your life
Once you’ve completed all of your course requirements it’s time to graduate! Take these few easy steps and San Jac will have all the information it needs to officially award your degree or certificate.
Do a Graduation Status Check. Log on to our secure system, go to Student Records, run a degree evaluation and print it out. Write in notes next to requirements that are currently in progress or pending, and bring the form to the Enrollment Services office on the campus where you would like to graduate by the deadline listed in the class schedule.
Apply and get your cap & gown. The Enrollment Services office will verify that you’re eligible to graduate and provide you with an application for degree or certificate. Be sure to tell us on the application whether you’d like to attend your graduation ceremony. If you want to walk the stage, order your cap & gown through one of the campus bookstores. Honors program graduates, graduates from special programs, and members of Phi Theta Kappa should speak to their program educational planner/counselor regarding specialty regalia for graduation.
Hold that diploma high! After grades are posted in your final semester the Enrollment Services office verifies that all of your pending items have been completed on your Graduation Status Check. When your diploma is printed and your degree is posted you officially become a college graduate. Diplomas are ready about six weeks after final grades are posted.
By the way, if you’ve completed at least 24 credit hours at San Jacinto College but finished up your degree at another college or university, you can still apply for a degree or certificate from sanjac.
Additional Associate Degrees (Second Degrees)
Students should obtain academic advising before enrolling in another associate degree. With the following stipulations, students may obtain additional associate degrees.
- A student who has received an Associate of Art (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree may earn an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree but may not earn two A.A.’s or another A.S. degree.
- A student who has received an A.A.S. degree may obtain an A.A. or A.S. degree or an additional A.A.S. degree in another major area.
These stipulations are subject to the following:
- For each additional associate degree permitted by the above stipulations, a minimum of 24 term hours of college-level credit above the total number of term hours applied to the previous degree(s) must be earned at San Jacinto College. The 24 hours may not be repeats of hours previously earned at San Jacinto College or other schools.
- The student must comply with all applicable provisions listed in the section titled Degree and Certificate Requirements for each degree the student is seeking.
- At the student’s option, a previously awarded associate degree may be officially relinquished in order that previously earned hours may apply to a different associate degree.